GETTING TO KNOW YOU
from Scrivener's Friday 5
1. What are the titles of the last three books you read all of?
- The Hobbit by J.R. Tolkein
- Outcast, Stallion of Hawaii by Harlan Thompson
- Give Me a Break: How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats, and Scam Artists and Became the Scourge of the Liberal Media by John Stossel
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (read it twice in the last couple of months; its simple, nicely illustrated, will be a movie, how can it have more dialogue in a movie, there is not much in the book!)
I used to subscribe to these at one time or another; today I have zero subscriptions. The web is more timely.
- MacUser (defunct)
- MacAddict (defunct)
- Popular Photography
- Modern Photography (defunct; merged into Popular Photography)
- Hawaii Business
- Consumer Reports
I live in a studio apartment so I don't have a night table, but a general table with too much stuff on it to mention. A laptop computer and my Nintendo DSi are couple of items that are on it.
4. What are the three best things that happened to you in the past seven days?
- I woke up and did not die in my sleep
- There were no earthquakes or other natural pheonomena that destroyed my home or killed me
- I am still borrowing my friend's MacBook Pro and loving it.
I don't think I had a senior quote. Unfortunately my high school yearbook is like 250 miles away from me on another island at my parents' place. I was on the yearbook staff as sports section editor of all things. I am not a huge sports fan.
If there was a yearbook quote for this year... mine would be "Liberals are dangerous; America's going to hell because of them."