Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday 5 for September 25



GETTING TO KNOW YOU
from Scrivener's Friday 5

1. What are the titles of the last three books you read all of?
  • The Hobbit by J.R. Tolkein
  • Outcast, Stallion of Hawaii by Harlan Thompson
  • Give Me a Break: How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats, and Scam Artists and Became the Scourge of the Liberal Media by John Stossel
  • Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (read it twice in the last couple of months; its simple, nicely illustrated, will be a movie, how can it have more dialogue in a movie, there is not much in the book!)
2. What are the titles of between three and five magazines you subscribe to or used to subscribe to?

I used to subscribe to these at one time or another; today I have zero subscriptions. The web is more timely.
  • MacWorld
  • MacUser (defunct)
  • MacAddict (defunct)
  • Popular Photography
  • Modern Photography (defunct; merged into Popular Photography)
  • Hawaii Business
  • Consumer Reports
3. What’s on your night table? (we figured this one was borderline, since it involves the bedroom, but if the vibe is right and you preface the question with the background story I told above, you could make it work)

I live in a studio apartment so I don't have a night table, but a general table with too much stuff on it to mention. A laptop computer and my Nintendo DSi are couple of items that are on it.

4. What are the three best things that happened to you in the past seven days?
  • I woke up and did not die in my sleep
  • There were no earthquakes or other natural pheonomena that destroyed my home or killed me
  • I am still borrowing my friend's MacBook Pro and loving it.
5. What was your senior yearbook quote, and what would your yearbook quote be this year if there were such a thing?

I don't think I had a senior quote. Unfortunately my high school yearbook is like 250 miles away from me on another island at my parents' place. I was on the yearbook staff as sports section editor of all things. I am not a huge sports fan.

If there was a yearbook quote for this year... mine would be "Liberals are dangerous; America's going to hell because of them."

1 comment:

  1. Well, not dieing is always a good reason to be happy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete