Friday, September 3, 2010
Friday 5 for Sept. 3 - Ink
Photo by Matthew Cook as seen on Flickr
Friday 5 for September 3: Ink
From Scrivener's Friday 5: "Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer them there, then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!"
1. What are the coolest and ugliest tattoos you’ve ever seen?
I have no tattoos, and am not a fan of them. Therefore I don't have much of an opinion of them as art one way or another. I just personally don't like them.
2. Have you ever had a meal in which squid ink was an ingredient? How was it?
No to the first question and can't answer the second.
3. Are you one of those people who has a favorite pen, or one of those people who just uses whatever’s at hand? What’re your favorite pens like?
I have long ago given up on "favorite pens" because back in the day when I did have a few good ones like Parker or Sheaffer fountain pens, they only got lost or stolen. Although now after thinking about this I want to run out to the store and get myself another nice pen.
Back in the olden days of manual paste-up I used also use a Rapidograph pen to draw fine, straight, black lines. Those were nice and costly.
4. There’s a box of colored markers on the table, and someone tells everyone assembled to grab one. If you have first pick, what do you take?
Black because it is a good place to start and perhaps finish too. Hopefully it's a fine point Sharpie.
5. Have you ever written on a wall in a public place?
Not really, I respect public and private property. I think graffiti should not be promoted as "art" if it ambushes property owners. People who dwell in illegal graffiti ought to be put in jail, pay a hefty fine and paint the graffiti over at the place they committed the crime using their own funds. Grafitti is just trashy, unauthorized art especially when done to just to mark territory like dogs. Despicable.