Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday 5 for July 29, 2011 - Public Options

1. When did you last use a public restroom?

Today at work.

2. When did you last ride public transportation?

N484HA

Airlines are a form of public transportation run by private companies. That was the last time I rode public transportation. Specifically it was done on a Hawaiian Airlines Boeing 717 in June 2011. Plan to ride again in August.

3. How far away from your home is the nearest public housing?

Several miles away from the Next Step Homeless shelter and Mayor Wright Housing.

4. Which of your public utilities is the least reliable?

While I have not had a water main break in my area for ages, our city's water system is subjected to frequent pipe breakages every week.

5. What did you last view on public television or listen to on public radio?

For TV that was probably sometime in January. More than likely I watched the show "Nova" on PBS. My TV broke since that time, I dis-contiued cable, haven't bought a new set yet, and watch available TV content online or on DVD. As for public radio, I rarely listen, and when I do it is either "Bytemarks" on Wednesday afternoons or the BBC News.

These questions were generated from Scrivener's Friday 5 weblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment