Friday, December 16, 2011
Friday 5 for December 16 - Award Season
Golden Globes nominees were announced this week, and while it should be clear by now to anyone paying attention that they are fully irrelevant, they do kick off the season for reflective retrospection, at least in certain parts of life. In that spirit, please announce your awards for the year 2011 in these categories!
From Scrivener's Friday 5:
1. What wins your award for Best Supporting Household Appliance?
2. What wins your award for Outstanding Performance by Something that Comes in a Bottle or Can?
3. Who wins your award for Excellence in Poor Timing?
Anyone who brings in something for me to do at the last minute and wants it an hour from now... or even tomorrow. Depending on what it is. I hate to produce last minute stuff, unless I know well in advance that there could be last minute stuff in the workflow... like breaking news for example.
4. What wins your award for Wardrobe Newcomer of the Year?
Nothing. I'm not big on fashion.
5. What wins your award for Outstanding Achievement in Stealing Time?
Angry Birds - It's a good thing I have it on only one Mac!
6. (bonus question!) The American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences calls its trophy the Oscar. The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences calls its trophy the Grammy. What do you call yours?
Thanks for participating, and have an award-winning weekend!