Friday, February 26, 2016
From Scrivener's Friday 5 blog: "Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below, so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!"
1. What’s the Good News?
I am still alive 60+ days after my heart attack.
2. When did you last Take 5, and how did you spend it?
Found a nickel and used it in a parking meter.
3. Who’s a Big Hunk?
Nobody I personally know, but from the movies I'll go with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. He's been in several brainless action flicks over the years.'
4. In what way has this week been a Rocky Road?
Have you driven on Date Street lately? Beretania Ave.? Ward Ave.? Plenty of potholes on those roads. We need to fix them instead of creating bike lanes that take away parking and increase traffic anxiety.
5. What’s something you’re keeping Skor on?
My bank accounts.
Friday, February 12, 2016
The following questions with my answers comes from Scrivener's weekly Friday 5 blog. This week is "Pounding the Pavement".
1. What was the occasion for your last going door-to-door?
2014 election campaign; went door to door helping a State House candidate.
2. When did you last trip and fall?
The most recent one I remember is in 2009 when I was shooting a video at a party, I went backwards and fell, holding on to the camera with the video still running. I did not post the video anywhere.
3. When wandering about, where are you most likely to stop and take a photo of something?
I think I'll stop at anything that catches my fancy. I usually have some kind of camera with me at all times. Sunrises, sunsets, flowers, people, buildings, places are some of my favorite "wandering about" subjects.
4. How safe do you feel walking around your neighborhood at night by yourself?
Neighborhood is fairly well lit and I got a 24 hour grocery store, WalMart, fire station and Walgreens within walking distance.
5. How do you feel about FitBit and other smart health gadgets?
I may get a FitBit. Saw them at the Microsoft Store. Don't own anything like that at this time. The FitBit is cheaper than the Apple Watch.
Saturday, February 6, 2016
From Scrivener's Friday 5 blog. This week it's PRESS.
Here are the questions:
Here are the answers:
1. Well I recently got a second chance on life after suffering a heart attack on Dec. 26 and having bypass surgery on Dec. 30, 2015. I am recovering but my second chance on life may only last 8 to 15 extra more years if I am to believe what I recently read online.
2. I have an iron but it has been years since I used it.
3. Pressed the 8th floor elevator button to get to my apartment in my condo.
4. "The Dragon"
5. I think I shook the hand of one of my doctors upon leaving the hospital.