Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday 5 for July 22, 2016 - (Im?)potent Potables

From Scrivener's Weekly Friday 5 site:

1. What's your favorite beverage that has chocolate in it?

Hot chocolate with whipped cream topping.

2. What's your favorite non-citrusy fruit drink?

#1 - Guava Juice #2 - Pineapple Juice

3. What's your favorite mention of a drink in song?



"Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" from late 1979 by songwriter and singer, Rupert Holmes. It's a great romantic story song and to me quite a flip for this guy who years earlier in 1971 wrote the song "Timothy" for the rock group, The Buoys which is about guys trapped in a mine and eating their dead co-worker.

1. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
2. Summer Wine - Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood
3. All the Tea in China - Susan Jacks
4. Toast and Marmalade For Tea - Tin Tin
5. There's a Tear in my Beer - Hank Williams & Hank Williams Jr.

4. Roy Rogers, Arnold Palmer, and Shirley Temple are among people who have mixed drinks named after them.  What would a drink named after you contain, and what would each of the ingredients represent?

I don't think anyone would want a drink with my name attached to it. Certainly my drink would be non-alcoholic and contain water as one of its ingredients... Can't think anything else that I would add to it... water is pure as one can get.

5. Besides milk and cookies (cause thats really too easy), what are a food and drink that you must have together?

For 99% of the time, I only drink water. In recent years I have severely cut back on juices and carbonated sugary soda drinks... re: no more Pepsi. I don't do alcoholic drinks either... so the answer to this question is water.... water... and water!

No comments:

Post a Comment