Friday, March 31, 2017
Friday 5 for March 31, 2017 - Quarters
1. The first quarter of 2017 is now behind us. How has it been?
At best: Mediocre. Haven't really done anything outstanding this quarter except take a few pictures of stuff that I like.
2. How has this past quarter of your life been surprisingly good?
I survived the quarter and hope to live through the next 3 without much difficulty.
3. When did you last drop quarters into a vending machine?
Since our condo building forbids us from owning our own washing machines, we have to use the ones that are on every floor of our multi-story dwelling. Therefore about every two weeks it is a gamble to toss your clothes into the washer, spend $1.75 in quarters per load and hope the machine works (which it usually does 95% of the time). The dryers are more like slot machines. They take quarters and only in multiples of 4 ($1)... It is a gamble because sometimes you get a dryer that only spins the clothes but emits no heat! Therefore your clothes do not dry. It is a bitch to go through the process with the management company to get a refund. I do the laundry about every two weeks. The last time was on Monday, March 27.
4. How do you feel about your state’s twenty-five-cent coin? If you’re not in the U.S., which of the coins do you think is especially striking?
King Kamehameha, the monarch that first united the Hawaiian Islands was worth the honor of being put on our state's coin. That happened in 2008. I have yet to see the one that honors our National Park. Don't even know if it is out.
5. Google’s corporate headquarters is called the Googleplex. What would be a good name for the corporate headquarters of your life?
The Melplex. I just need millions of dollars to build it.
Questions from Scrivener's Friday 5 blog.