Questions from Scivener's weekly Friday 5 blog.
1. There’s a convenience store nearby and you have a small case of the munchies. What do you grab?
Lately a granola bar like the one pictured above.
2. You’re about to get on a plane and someone just stole all your reading material, but there’s a newsstand nearby. What magazine (of likely available titles) do you grab?
Who buys magazines these days? They cost at least $5 a pop not the $2 of years gone by. The internet has free stuff you can read, but of course the damn thing don't work on many flights. Of course you can always download a book or PDF file of some sort to read on your device. Or maybe even listen to a podcast. Plenty of stuff to keep you entertained and informed while on a plane.
3. On a regular work day, where do you grab lunch and what do you get if you don’t bring a lunch from home?
I don't have much time for lunch, so the granola bar (above) is a substitute.
4. Instead of a lunch, you decide you need a quick nap during your workday. Where can you grab 40 winks?
We'd be fired if we slept on the job. :O
5. How close to your head is your cell phone when you’re asleep in bed?
Today's smart phones are pretty much internet access devices and digital cameras more than they are a phone, so yeah, they are close by so you can get news, information or entertainment. Mine is on the night table connected to a long charging cable.
I purposely leave the damn thing at home when I don't want to be bothered. For emergency use I do carry around an out of commission Alcatel phone that can still do emergency 911 calls.