Thursday, September 14, 2017

Friday 5 for September 15: What Ails ‘Ya

From Scrivener's Friday 5 - What Ails Ya.... oh boy.

1. How do you treat a bad case of the Mondays?

Since I work mostly at nights now, Mondays are usually not bad. I already had off for the day and by the time work comes around, I don't have a Monday blah.


2. How do you fight off a case of the blahs?

Sleep in or listen to music if I can.

3. How do you deal with a bad hair day?

If it is still long I comb it down. Otherwise it is manageably short when I can afford a haircut. Any guys cut their own hair?

4. What’s your strategy for FOMO?

I've seen this acronym before. Had to look it up. There is a Wikipedia entry for this:

"Fear of missing out or FoMO is "a pervasive apprehension that others might be having rewarding experiences from which one is absent". This social anxiety is characterized by "a desire to stay continually connected with what others are doing". "

I don't get anxious about missing out on things I see people post about on social media websites. So what if I don't eat a fancy meal, travel to an exotic place, buy the latest expensive iPhone or whatever. Most of the things people do cost a lot of money that I don't have or don't want to spend. I do hit that like button if they take a nice picture of a place or something.

I get more anxious about how much government recklessly spends our money, taxes us, builds stupid things like elevated rail on a small island, or advances a leftist, liberal agenda. Ugh!

5. How prone are you to Instagram envy?

Not at all. I stopped using Instagram the day they said "we own your photos and can use them for promotional purposes without compensation" a few years ago. I yanked all of my posts and discontinued my account.

Last year I rejoined under a different user name but haven't posted anything since 1. I don't use the app and 2. I only have about 4 to 8 followers. I am happy not to be an active Instagram user. I only check it once in a while via the website and you can't post anything that way.

I also don't do Snapchat, and Facebook messenger. Ugh!




1 comment:

  1. Does sleeping in ever make it worse? That's been my experience. I typically have to make myself get up and DO something, or it's blah city.

    ReplyDelete