Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday 5 for December 1: Lady Bird

"Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your website. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website."

"Five questions inspired by the new Greta Gerwig film Lady Bird, which I recommend."

One quick comment here. Movies  are so expensive at the theater these days. It is far more cheaper to wait for a DVD or streaming release. There is only one movie I plan to see in the theater this year, and that would be the new Star Wars: The Last Jedi.



1. What was moving out of your parents’ home like?

Easy though I still have a few things (like record albums) in my parents' former home which is now my sister's.

2. What makes popular kids in high school popular, and how were you like or unlike them?

Been many decades since I been in high school, but I would venture to guess popularity reigns in whether or not you are in the correct peer group or participate in something popular like band or sports. I hung out with some of the more nerdy kids, though we had no computers back in the day. We caught our thrills playing chess, checkers, Stratego or with the then new finagled "calculator". I was one of the first kids to get one back in 1973.

3. When you were in high school, where in the neighborhood did schoolmates hang out?

During recess we kind of hung around in the library and talked too much. After school some kids hung out at friend's homes and stuff. Other kids hung out at the local Dairy Queen drive in or the convenience store. I have to idea where the tough kids and druggies hung out as I was not in those groups.

4. What was learning to drive like?

My Dad helped my "tutu man" work on his ranch when we were very young. I learned to drive up in the ranch at the age of 10. The vehicle? 1960 Willys Jeep pick-up. When I became of legal age I learned on my Mom's 1972 Chevelle. Back in the day there was no requirement to take driver's education. My parents taught me well. To this very day, more than 40 years later, I have never gotten a speeding ticket or into an accident.  (Photo 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle on Wikipedia)

5. What were your most difficult and least difficult subjects in high school?

Most difficult - Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry, etc).... P.E. - I sucked at all sports.

Least difficult - History, Art, Music, Reading, English, Writing, Civics

No comments:

Post a Comment