Here is the perfect summer song for 2011:
Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!
1. What transformation do you undergo on summer Fridays at midnight?
I stay up later? I usually stay up after midnight on Fridays summer or not.
2. What super power do the kids in your neighborhood seem to have?
The power to annoy us old folks on their skateboards and loud rap music.
3. Who (or what!) is your nemesis in these warm summer days?
4. What is your trustiest weapon against the evil heat monster?
The air conditioner and if outside, more ice, more water.
5. What seems to be invading your life lately, and how will you fend it off?
Clutter - need to toss some of it out.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
On the beach at Waikiki, visit Hawaii this summer!
1. What was your best summer vacation like?
Taking a tour on the U.S. mainland (West to East Coast) back in 1974 and meeting some interesting people and seeing different places.
2. What was your worst summer vacation like?
Probably the year my sister got mortally sick and eventually died 8 months later.
3. What food or drink reminds you of a particular summer?
Nothing in particular.
4. What summer-only activity do you now look most forward to every year?
Probably 4th of July fireworks.
5. What summer movie or summer reading are you most looking forward to this year?
No movies in particular. My previous summers were filled with great sci-fi and fantasy movies such as "Star Wars," "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and the "Star Trek" movies... nowdays, not too many movies prompt me to part with my money. Ticket prices are too high.
I plan to finish reading "Atlas Shrugged" among other books I own.