Friday, July 31, 2015
Friday 5 for July 31: Fresh Catch
1. What were your feelings the last time you stood on a scale?
2. In what ways are you old school, and in what ways are you new school?
1. I own and still use a landline phone.
2. I still pay many bills by mailing out a check.
3. I own a component stereo system with turntable, analog mixer, CD player, and cassette deck.
4. I own and play many vinyl records - LPs and 45s.
5. I still own many audio cassette tapes - many custom mixes created by me.
6. I have a big collection of film cameras and I still shoot film from time to time. My favorite cameras are the Minolta X700 and Minolta XD11.
7. I watch some of my TV with an antenna set-up. Bonafide cord cutter.
8. I still read books that have paper pages and don't require a screen or batteries.
9. My car is a 1993 Toyota - no internet, no bluetooth, only one embedded computer system.
1. I own 2 Chromebook laptop computers.
2. I own several Macs.
3. I stream music from Google Play (my own collection), iHeart Radio, Pandora and more... only the free tiers.
4. I cut my cable TV cord. No more paying high TV bills for channels I dont watch.
5. I stream many TV shows and videos using mostly free service tiers such as Hulu (standard), YouTube, Pluto TV, Crackle, and more.
3. What big event is coming down the pike for you?
40th Year Reunion for Honokaa Class of 1975 Aug. 1, 2015.
4. In which social situations do you thrive, and in which do you flounder?
Flounder - Most social situations with large groups of people.
Thrive - Meeting with one or two friends at the time.
5. When was the last time a fad hooked you?
Pogs. I collected some in the 1990s and the ad agency I worked for back then created some.
Questions from Scrivener's Friday 5 blog.
Posted by Mel at 1:47 PM 1 comment:
Labels: Friday 5, meme, trivia questions
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Friday 5 for July 10: Hard Time
From Scrivener's Friday 5 of July 10.
1. What’s the story of someone you know who has spent time in prison?
Person is still in an Arizona prison for murder.
2. What is the most official trouble you’ve ever been in?
Trouble? Me. I'm an angel.... (Harp music playing)
3. What’s the last program you binge-watched?
Thirteen part documentary series - "World War II in color". Good content but the color was mostly computer generated over old black and white footage.
4. What would be good prison nicknames for a few people you know?
"Bully", "Womanizer", "Tank", "Traitor", "Lapdog", "Bookworm"
5. Of the usual prison jobs (library, electrical shop, laundry, cafeteria, gardener, clerical, etc.), which would you ask to be assigned to? Feel free to be creative!
I'd go for Librarian because from what I learned most prisons have a fairly good law library and access to LexisNexis law database services. Plus a good place to spend a lot of time reading all the books, and maybe even get some internet.
Posted by Mel at 10:39 PM No comments:
Labels: Friday 5, hard time, meme, prison, trivia questions
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)