Friday, July 31, 2015
Friday 5 for July 31: Fresh Catch
1. What were your feelings the last time you stood on a scale?
2. In what ways are you old school, and in what ways are you new school?
1. I own and still use a landline phone.
2. I still pay many bills by mailing out a check.
3. I own a component stereo system with turntable, analog mixer, CD player, and cassette deck.
4. I own and play many vinyl records - LPs and 45s.
5. I still own many audio cassette tapes - many custom mixes created by me.
6. I have a big collection of film cameras and I still shoot film from time to time. My favorite cameras are the Minolta X700 and Minolta XD11.
7. I watch some of my TV with an antenna set-up. Bonafide cord cutter.
8. I still read books that have paper pages and don't require a screen or batteries.
9. My car is a 1993 Toyota - no internet, no bluetooth, only one embedded computer system.
1. I own 2 Chromebook laptop computers.
2. I own several Macs.
3. I stream music from Google Play (my own collection), iHeart Radio, Pandora and more... only the free tiers.
4. I cut my cable TV cord. No more paying high TV bills for channels I dont watch.
5. I stream many TV shows and videos using mostly free service tiers such as Hulu (standard), YouTube, Pluto TV, Crackle, and more.
3. What big event is coming down the pike for you?
40th Year Reunion for Honokaa Class of 1975 Aug. 1, 2015.
4. In which social situations do you thrive, and in which do you flounder?
Flounder - Most social situations with large groups of people.
Thrive - Meeting with one or two friends at the time.
5. When was the last time a fad hooked you?
Pogs. I collected some in the 1990s and the ad agency I worked for back then created some.
Questions from Scrivener's Friday 5 blog.
Labels: Friday 5, meme, trivia questions
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Even though you're one of my best friends, I learned more about you from this post. Thank you!ReplyDelete