Friday, September 17, 2010
Friday 5 for September 17: Nagging
1. What kinds of nagging injuries do you have? Pain in my right shoulder that has persisted now for more than 2 months. Doctor just gave me pain reliever so far.
2. What long-procrastinated task is nagging at you lately? Taxes usually.
3. In what way have you been a nag to someone else? n/a
4. Who in your life is a world-class nag? No one I can think of.
5. Nag is such an ugly word. What would be a nicer way to describe someone who exhibits nagging tendencies?
While "Nag" is such an ugly word, it makes for a great rock n roll song. See video above.
Questions from Scrivener's Friday 5
Posted by Mel at 8:12 AM No comments:
Labels: "Friday 5", "trivia questions", meme, Nag
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Friday 5 for September 10: Fields
Friday 5 for Sept. 10: FieldsQuestions from the weekly Friday 5 website.
1. What is the field nearest your home like?
There are a couple of scrawny baseball fields in Ala Moana Park. That's about the nearest "field" to my home. I live in urban Honolulu. As far as fields go, my favorite is Kapiolani Park - the place has a big, expansive field that can be used for multiple events at the same time. However the best time for me to go there is when hardly anyone is using it. I just like to simply walk through it and admire the not so distant landmarks from there... Diamond Head to the east and Waikiki's urban jungle to the west.
2. How did you get into the professional field you’re in? If you’re not working, what field are you most likely to find yourself in some day?
Currently I'm an administrative type of person, but I spend a lot of time creating, modifying, editing various media projects for my employer as well as a handful of other individuals and organizations. Those media things are usually web pages, blogs, photography, news writing and some graphic arts. These learned skills have been applied to my job in the political field.
3. What’s the most interesting sight within your current field of vision?
Not much in my cluttered apartment... so the most interesting sight within my current filed of vision is the MacBook Pro computer I'm typing this entry on.
4. Where were you the last time you fielded questions from several people in turn?
A few months ago at work, and occasionally during the slow season, a few phone calls from people with questions on procedure, process and issues.
5. How are you feeling right now?
Ho-hum (9-9-10) because I was not feeling very well for part of the day. Had a medical problem recur. Will be talking to my doctor tomorrow (9-10-10).
Posted by Mel at 9:30 PM No comments:
Labels: "Friday 5", "trivia questions", meme
Friday, September 3, 2010
Friday 5 for Sept. 3 - Ink
Photo by Matthew Cook as seen on Flickr
Friday 5 for September 3: Ink
From Scrivener's Friday 5: "Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer them there, then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!"
1. What are the coolest and ugliest tattoos you’ve ever seen?
I have no tattoos, and am not a fan of them. Therefore I don't have much of an opinion of them as art one way or another. I just personally don't like them.
2. Have you ever had a meal in which squid ink was an ingredient? How was it?
No to the first question and can't answer the second.
3. Are you one of those people who has a favorite pen, or one of those people who just uses whatever’s at hand? What’re your favorite pens like?
I have long ago given up on "favorite pens" because back in the day when I did have a few good ones like Parker or Sheaffer fountain pens, they only got lost or stolen. Although now after thinking about this I want to run out to the store and get myself another nice pen.
Back in the olden days of manual paste-up I used also use a Rapidograph pen to draw fine, straight, black lines. Those were nice and costly.
4. There’s a box of colored markers on the table, and someone tells everyone assembled to grab one. If you have first pick, what do you take?
Black because it is a good place to start and perhaps finish too. Hopefully it's a fine point Sharpie.
5. Have you ever written on a wall in a public place?
Not really, I respect public and private property. I think graffiti should not be promoted as "art" if it ambushes property owners. People who dwell in illegal graffiti ought to be put in jail, pay a hefty fine and paint the graffiti over at the place they committed the crime using their own funds. Grafitti is just trashy, unauthorized art especially when done to just to mark territory like dogs. Despicable.
Posted by Mel at 8:15 PM 2 comments:
Labels: "Friday 5", "trivia questions", ink, meme
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)