1. What’s a movie that makes you feel patriotic?
Top 5 movies that make me feel patriotic:
1. Apollo 13 (1995) - Probably one of the best true life event movies that make you feel patriotic with a "can do" attitude of using American ingenunity to bring the crippled spacecraft safely back to Earth.
2. Patton (1970) - George C. Scott was wonderful as the colorful WWII general who kicked ass in more ways than one.
3. The Patriot (2000) - Mel Gibson's revolutionary war movie.
4. Independence Day (1996) - U.S. forces kicked alien ass in this exciting science fiction movie.
5. The Final Countdown (1980) - A good science fiction movie that speculated on what the crew of a nuclear aircraft carrier and all its modern day weaponry would do if they were transported through a time warp back to the Pacific Ocean on December 6, 1941.
Other movies that I think are patriotic: Top Gun (1986), Superman (1978), Casablanca (1942)....
2. When you first started driving, what’s something you did mostly because you could?
Drive instead of walk or relying on someone else to take me around. Independence. Going from Point A to Point B on your own time in your own vehicle in your own personal space with the music playing loud.
3. What’s a good song whose title contains some form of the word “free"?
Top 5 Free Songs....
1. Freedom - Paul McCartney (2001)
2. Free Ride - Edger Winter Group (1973)
3. Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John (1975)
4. The Free Electric Band - Albert Hammond (1972)
5. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1974)
Related - Money For Nothing (And Your Chicks for Free) - Dire Straits (1985)
4. When did you last un-expectely receive something for free?
Long ago back in the late 1980s. This was when 45 MB hard drive cost $435. For some strange reason the Ehman Corporation sent me the drive I paid for and another one a week later of the same thing for free. I was happy as a clam having the two drives connected to my old Mac Plus.
Most recently I think I got like an extra grocery item for free when the check-out person entered the wrong amount.
5. What’s something you’ve given freely in recent weeks?
A lot of time helping my friend move this month.
The Friday 5 Questions
The only Ace Frehley song I know is "New York Groove", which was a top 40 hit in 1978.