Blondie's 1999 hit "Maria" is from the album "No Exit".
1. What’s your favorite song from 1999?
How can I not resist another top 10 list? First of all my #1 song of 1999 is not on the Billboard 100 Top Hits. Others are:
1. Maria - Blondie
2. Steal My Sunshine - Len
3. There She Goes - Sixpence None The Richer
4. Smooth - Santana featuring Rob Thomas
5. Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
6. Joining You - Alanis Morissette
7. Animal Instinct - Cranberries
8. Beautiful Stranger - Madonna
9. Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
10. Anything But Down - Sheryl Crow
My Top 100 Hits of 1999 - http://macpro.freeshell.org/music/1999.html
2. What are some of your favorite films from 1999?
"Beautiful Stranger" by Madonna, the promotional clip for
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.
- The Matrix
- American Beauty
- The Green Mile
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- The Mummy
- The World is Not Enough (James Bond 007)
- Wing Commander
- The Insider
(last movie I saw at my favorite theater - Cinerama in HNL)
- Galaxy Quest
3. What’s something interesting that happened on your birthday in 1999?
I got another year older than I was in 1998. I do not publicly disclose my birthdate.
One of the world events that happened on that day in 1999:
"Turkey - 13 people were killed in a bomb attack on a shopping center in the Goztepe section of Istanbul."
Some things don't change....
4. How did you ring in the new year as 1999 became 2000?
My friend Helena and I spent the evening cruising around Honolulu. We ended up at Magic Island waiting for the fireworks and the electricity to go off since the so-called "Millenium Bug" was going to bring down all of the computers around the world (except for Macs) that could not handle the date change from 1999 to 2000. Of course nothing happened and all we got was being enveloped in a huge ton of home burst firework smoke. Was fun.
I miss Helena (passed away 2013).
5. What’s something that’s gotten better since 1999?
1. Faster Internet
2. Movie, video, TV and audio streaming.
3. Better computers and connected devices.
4. Digital cameras are the norm and way better than 1999.
5. SSD drives
Questions from Scrivener's Friday 5 blog.