Friday, March 26, 2010
Friday 5 for March 26 - Sleep
Listening to music on iTunes sometimes put me to sleep.
1. How many hours’ sleep do you need in order to be at your best, and what’s the minimum you can get on a regular basis and still be functional?
8 hours is ideal, however 5 to 6 is ok.
4 hours just makes it, and anything under that is not so good.
2. What’s your favorite sleeping position?
3. What was the cause of your most recent difficulty sleeping?
Coughing due to a bad cold last month.
4. When you can’t seem to drift off to sleep right away, what are some things you do to bring about sleep?
Listen to late night talk radio or music on my iTunes/Power Mac G4.
5. When did you last doze off at an inappropriate time or in an inappropriate place?
Recently for a few minutes at work.... mostly nodding off.
Posted by Mel at 1:00 PM No comments:
Labels: "Friday 5", "trivia questions", meme, sleep, trivia
Friday, March 19, 2010
Friday 5 for March 19 - Chit Chat
Totally useless Friday 5 questions, but here goes...
1. “Come here often?”
I don't have a "here" that I go to often that other people ask me about. And if they did my answer would be "no". Fact is the only "here" that I go to often is work and home. Home is my best "here".
2. “What’s new?”
That would depend on what was new at the moment. If there is nothing, then more often than not, "nothing new". But once in a while there is something new - like a new car, new computer, new song or a new place. "What's new" like most of these are just idle chatter topics people come up with when there is nothing to really talk about.
Currently the latest "what's new" for me is a $2 game I bought online for the Nintendo DSi called "Aura Aura Climber". Got it last week. Kind of cutesy game probably aimed at kids but a good pass time for a few minutes.
3. “[insert your recent weather condition here] enough for ya?”
"Rain" enough for you - maybe, maybe not. No one ever asks "hurricane" enough for you.
4. “How’s it hangin?”
I don't like that question, never ask it myself. Sounds so hip-hoppish.
5. “How ’bout them [insert local sports team here]?”
"How bout them Rainbow Warriors", which in most cases the answer is "not so good".
Posted by Mel at 3:15 PM 1 comment:
Labels: "Friday 5", "trivia questions", meme, trivia
Friday, March 12, 2010
Friday 5 for March 12: Deadlines
1. When was the last time you had a serious deadline to make, and did you make it?
We have frequent deadlines at my workplace. I have met all of them so far this year. I’ve been at this workplace for 10+ years.
2. Do you generally plan for deadlines, or are they more likely to sneak up on you until you’re frantic?
I generally plan for them. I generally like to start early and hopefully finish early. I am one of those types of people that I just have to be at the airport early for my flight. When I was in school and was the newspaper and yearbook editor (at different times), I always made the deadline… which of course meant staying up late into the wee hours. In those days we did not have Macintosh computers!
3. When did you last set a deadline for someone else, and did that person make it?
At work we have routine deadlines that not only I have to follow, but the rest of our staff. They usually make it.
4. How flexible and understanding are you when it comes to other people meeting your deadlines?
It depends on the task. If another department requires us to meet that deadline I am pretty stringent on us meeting it. Not very flexible in those occasions because the rest of the organization will just leave us behind.
5. What were the circumstances the last time you hung up on someone in the middle of a phone call, or the last time someone hung up on you in the middle of a phone call?
A few days ago someone hung up on me after calling me an "asshole".
Photo: An almost entirely forgotten song called "Mr. Deadline" by Vigrass and Osborne never made a dent on the charts back in its day of 1972.
Posted by Mel at 4:10 AM 1 comment:
Labels: "Friday 5", "trivia questions", deadline, meme, trivia
Friday, March 5, 2010
Friday 5 for March 5 - Staples
1. Of all the hundreds of sizes and shapes bread seems to come in, what is your favorite?
Whatever is affordable and tastes good.
2. What’s your favorite thing to eat with rice?
Any plate lunch or dinner type of foods - chicken, beef, fish, etc. Fried rice is a favorite.
3. What are your feelings about milk?
I like it with cereal, but I don't like it if the cereal gets too soggy. Best to eat milked cereal quickly.
4. What was wrapped in the tortilla you most recently ate?
Probably beef and beans, maybe cheese. Been a while since I had one.
5. How many staplers are there in your house and where are they?
I have 2 staplers in my house and right now I don't know where either of them are.
Photo above: Fried rice is one of my favorite rice dishes.
Questions taken from the weekly Friday 5 blog by Scrivener.
Posted by Mel at 6:45 AM No comments:
Labels: "Friday 5", "trivia questions", food, meme, stuff
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)