Friday, February 24, 2012
Friday 5 for Februray 24: Anniversaries
1. What significant anniversary will you be celebrating sometime this year?
The usual birthdays, anniversaries of my father's death, anniversary of my sister's death years ago... Nothing much to celebrate to tell you the truth.
2. In your life, what is today the one-month anniversary of?
A month ago I posted these old family photos to my Flickr account. See them here.
3. What is today the one-week anniversary of?
I had shoyu chicken with rice, broccoli and carrots that I bought from the Thai plate lunch place on Bishop Street, Downtown Honolulu. See photo below:
4. Sometimes the traditional wedding anniversary gifts seem a bit staid. If you had your way, what would be the right gift themes for the five years’ worth of wedding anniversaries?
A five year old car!
5. Among your friends, who’s been married the longest?
My friends in Hilo who have been married since at least 1982.... my cousins in Kona who have been married since at least 1978. Not mentioning any names or posting photos.
Questions from Scriverner's Friday 5.