Friday 5 for October 15Every Sha La La La... it's Yesterday Once More...
The Carpenters... Karen and Richard. Unbelievable that Richard is now 64. Wow.
I totally relate to their music since my long ago deceased sister first became a fan. "Now and Then" with the extended "Yesterday Once More" medley combined with 60s oldies is my favorite Carpenters song / side... great stuff!!!!
1. Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
They long to be "Close to You" and looking for a free handout!!!!
2. What always gets you down? Paying taxes.
3. If you had to live yesterday once more (literally yesterday, as in Thursday the 14th), which part might be worth writing a pretty pop song about?
"Resizing Photos with Malia"
4. Where’s the coolest place you’ve been where you could look “down on creation?”
That would have to be Volcanoes National Park - Looking at hot lava oozing out of a crater is the ultimate rush in seeing something being created
5. What’s something in your life that has only just begun? Diet.
Friday 5 for October 8Mementos
1. Do you still have your senior yearbook? Where is it?
Yes. It's at my parents' place. I have a photo of it and the previous year. See above.
2. What souvenir did you bring back from your last trip?
Pictures and a video clip of my Dad.
3. What visible signs are there of your most recent injury?
Scratch on my knee from Poof the Cat.
4. What’s the neatest wedding favor you’ve ever seen?
Can't recall any recent or distant ones.
5. What do you do with playbills and movie-ticket stubs?
I've kept some of them... Rolling Stones ticket stub from 1998.... movie stubs from Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. Several others. Sadly others have been lost.. Fleetwood Mac 1977 and 1979 concerts.... Eagles 1976 concert.... Elton John 1980 concert...
Interesting. I didn't do these this week, but my answer to number 4 (in the Carpenters questions) is always Haleakala at sunrise. Thanks for participating!ReplyDelete
I love Haleakala. Been to the sunrise once, up the mountain 3 times... sadly the last time I went was way back in 1983. Someday I should go again.ReplyDelete
And thanks for the Friday 5s. They are a nice diversion that sometimes makes me think.