From Scrivener's Friday 5 blog: "This past week, I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower in anticipation of the film, which I also saw this past week. In its honor, here are five questions inspired by the novel and film."
1. What do you remember about high-school dances?
The first dance I went to my friends and I rolled cookies onto the darkened dance floor and laughed at couples stepping on them.
2. At whose house would you and your friends usually gather after school-related activities?
I pretty much just went home. Did not attend too many dances anyway.
3. Who in your school had a memorable nickname?
The "Lord of the Flies" because he did #2 in class when we were in the 5th grade. This guy also had other names such as "King Fut", throughout his remaining tenure at our small school.
4. What was your high-school cafeteria like?
Utilitarian like most Hawaii public school cafeterias... long, hard benches with integrated fold down seats... low.... loud atmosphere.... but versatile because besides being an eating place, the school held socials there and community groups held and still use it for meetings.
5. Your parents aren’t reading this, so what were some of the crazy (or just memorable) things you or your friends did while driving?
Driving 85+ mph in my cousins' Ford Maverick.