Friday, December 23, 2016

Friday 5 for December 23: Something’s Afoot


1. What’s the nicest pair of shoes you’ve owned?

Some nice brown dress shoes I had several years ago. They were around for a very long time. Was nice. Worn off and on through the years. Recently disposed.

2. What’s likely to be your next shoe purchase?

Either new work shoes for office use when the time comes or more than likely replacement for my daily walker. 

3. Where’s your favorite place to get shoes?

WalMart or any other discount shoe retailer. I’m not a stickler about fashion and usually buy what is comfortable and cheap.  Low prices matters a lot when it comes to any purchase I make.

4. When did you last swap out the insoles or laces on a pair of shoes?

Never did.  Shoes go bad just buy new ones. The ones I own tend to be cheap from the get-go.

5. What were the last shoes you got rid of like?

Bad.

September 2015 - Kawaihae, Big Island of Hawaii - Puukohola National Historic Site....

I took a short walk around 2:00 pm in the afternoon - hot sun, hot day - before I knew it as I walked along the hot cement trail, the bottom of my shoes began to melt. After several minutes the sole on one side dislodged (see photos below). 

It is a drag to walk around in shoes where the soles are just barely hanging on. My sister and I both got a huge laugh out of this... hahaha. Needless to say, the shoes were disposed of later that day. They were about 10 years old originally bought from WalMart.

Can you say these shoes are ready for the dumpster?

Right foot almost dislodged, left foot melting under.

 The cement trail. Top photo is of Pu'ukohola Heiau in Hawaii.

Last mile for these rubber soled shoes. Never thought I'd be posting these photos to something more than a year later.



1 comment:

  1. By the time I finished your photo essay, I was laughing so hard my ribs hurt! Shoes have no right to behave that way!

    ReplyDelete