Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday 5 for May 18: How About a Knuckle Sandwich?

The original Foodland Meal Club card when it first started.


The following questions are from Scrivener's Friday 5 weblog.

1. When did you last punch someone?  Alternate question: When did someone last punch you?

That was probably in 6th grade or even earlier. I can’t remember. I haven’t punched anyone in decades or have been punched since. I try to avoid violent physical stuff.

2. How many of those frequent (whatever) stampcards / punchcards do you have, and which are you most likely to fill and redeem?

Foodland Meal Club card. When you buy a ready made sandwich (knuckles not included) or bento lunch, you get one stamp. Collect 7 stamps and you get a free sandwich or bento. I have used these several times over the years.

3. When have you had a really good fruit punch?

I can’t remember. Since my heart surgery and pre-diabetes diagnosis, I’ve more or less avoided nearly all sugary drinks.

4. What are your thoughts on boxing?

I’m not a fan of sport fighting of any type. Surely boxing, wrestling, mixed martial arts, etc. are very popular. They are good for the promoters and pay per view TV networks, I just am not very interested. I have watched a few of the classic fights in the past, but none have moved me to fandom of any type. Overall I am not a sports fan of anything. I enjoyed watching the “Rocky” movies more than the real thing.

5. When do you usually punch in and punch out?

Currently late afternoon early evenings.

This song of course goes synonymous with the "Rocky" movies, the third one in the series:



1 comment:

  1. Foodland also has a stamp card for the breakfast and lunch hotlines (the steam tables), which I'm rather fond of. I keep forgetting to bring my card, though!

    ReplyDelete