Haven't done these in a few weeks, so here are answers to the last 10 questions of the Friday 5 series for the most recent two weeks.
Friday 5 for November 26: Everything but Yul Brynner
I don't know what the late Yul Brynner has to do with this... he was the bald actor who played heroic and tragic roles in film throughout the years. I remember him most for playing the Egyptian pharaoh Ramses in the movie The Ten Commandments which came out long ago in 1956.
That said, here goes with the first question and answer batch.
1. How have you recently kept yourself in check?
Stay home and not going out has been my mantra in nearly two years, all due to COVID-19. I avoid eating out at restaurants and generally don't socialize in large group situations so as not to get the virus and keep my household from becoming sick. Ugh! I hate masks and most of all those intrusive, privacy compromising "show us your papers" vaccine passport requirements. I also haven't flown on a plane since 2019 because of the close proximity to passengers who 99% of the time are total strangers and unpredictable. Plus you have to wear a mask while in flight and at the airport. Plus I hate the digital COVID-19 verification process mandated by the Socialist State of Hawaii. No state apps allowed on my device. Ugh! Life sucks. What happened to our freedoms? More will be taken away with the new Omicron variant of COVID-19 now running rampant.. ugh. More control of the people by totalitarian central governments.
2. What’s the closest thing to a castle you’ve been in?
Um... oh... yeah... there is one at Disneyland which as I recall was some kind of gift shop and restaurant... The last time I went to Disneyland in Anaheim CA was way back in 1980.
3. What were the circumstances the last time you were hoarse?
I haven't had this condition in decades which is a good thing.
4. What’s your favorite song by Queen?
Oh Freddy, this is a hard one... hmmm... OK I have a top 10 Queen list... let's see.
- Another One Bites the Dust
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- You're My Best Friend
- Radio GaGa
- Death on Two Legs
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- I'm in Love With My Car
- We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions
- I Want to Break Free
5. For what will you likely pay a king’s ransom in the near future?
Some debts. Ugh.
OK, that's it for the most current one. Since there were some music related questions to the moon topic here goes for that one...
November 19 - Friday 5 for November 19: La luna
1. What’s your favorite thing about Mondays?
5:00 p.m. and anytime after that which takes me to Tuesday.
2. What song is most likely to make you shake your booty?
I am not a dancing type of person and I don't shake my booty in public or even at home However in my former life of being a disco DJ back for a few gigs in the 1970s, I played a lot of booty shaking music back then. Among those booty shaking songs of the disco era, there is the obvious "Shake Shake Shake Your Booty" by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. The Commodores "Brick House" and the Village People's "YMCA" also brought a lot of people out to the dance floor.
3. When did you feel eclipsed by someone else?
Many times by people I won't mention. But then it is my nature to be within the confines of the shadows... though I think astronomical eclipses are really cool... both lunar and solar.
4. When were you most recently over the moon?
Watching the movie Apollo 13 got me to go around the moon, and when I was a kid I watched the Apollo 8 moon orbit mission in 1968 and the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969 and most of the subsequent moon flights to 1972.... all from the safe confines of the TV set or twice at the movies for Apollo 13.
5. What are some great songs with moon in the title or lyrics?
OK, this warrants another top 10 list... Top 10 Moon songs... just making this up as I go... I probably will forget a few that I may regret later....
- Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Moonshadow - Cat Stevens
- Man on the Moon - R.E.M.
- Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf) - AWOLNATION
- To The Moon and Back - Savage Garden
- Harvest Moon - Neil Young
- Moondance - Van Morrison
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- Sisters of the Moon - Fleetwood Mac
- Moonlight Feels Right - Starbuck