Friday, November 6, 2009
Friday 5 for November 6: Fall Classic
This week’s (Friday) 5 honors the World Series. Yes, it is the second set of baseball-themed questions we’ve done in the past couple of years. It’s okay.
1. According to the cliche, if you “spare the rod,” you “spoil the child.” Who in your life was probably spared A Rod while growing up?
Perhaps my brother.
2. In how many directions this week did you feel you were being Yanked?
Maybe one or two, but not much.
3. On whom have you depended for relief this week?
4. Who deserves a standing ovation this week (or even a hip-hip Jorge)?
My Dad for just being so resilient and even stubborn in his old age. He lives life one day at the time.
5. When did you last have a taste of Champagne?
I don't drink alcoholic beverages - so the answer to this is "never". Remember folks, if you drink, don't drive!