Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday 5 for October 30: At the Movies


1. What’s your favorite sports movie?

I am not a big sports fan, but I have several sports movies that I like. My current favorite is Rudy about the Notre Dame football player that never gave up until he played in the final game.

2. What’s your favorite romantic comedy film?

I always laugh at the old Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah classic, Splash! Eugene "behold the mermaid!" Levy was hilarious as the scientist who went out of his way to prove that Madison was a mermaid. John Candy was also great as the brother. This movie is romantic, funny and quite a fantasy.

3. What’s your favorite animated Disney movie?

Bambi was quite riveting when I was kid. Saw it only once. Still have a memory of this. Runner-up Lilo & Stitch, the only Disney animated movie I have in my DVD collection.

4. What’s your favorite non-Disney movie musical?

Grease is the word! Runner-up The Sound of Music.

And while it is not a flat out musical, I always loved George Lucas' American Graffiti... classic rock n roll music that was perfectly used in the storyline.

Oh yeah, gotta add The Wizard of Oz to this too.

I guess I could name other musicals or movies with music in it as the focus of the film... umm... A Hard Days' Night... yeah... The Beatles!!!!!

5. What’s your favorite stranger-in-a-strange-land / fish-out-of-water movie?

Planet of the Apes - the original version with Charlton Heston from 1968. One of my all time favorite movies... "Get your filthy paws off me you damn dirty ape!"

Runner up- The Time Machine from 1960.... the time traveler meets the Eloi and the Morlocks in the distant future. This is a great George Pal movie and HG Wells story.

Check out other people's responses at Friday5.org.

Photo: Planet of the Apes from 20th Century Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment