Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday 5 for October 16: LOUD



LOUD!

Friday 5 for October 16, 2009

1. When in the past seven days were you loudest?

Used to be whenever I played my old stereo. That broke, I gave it away with the large speakers. For now my computer is the loudest when I play music (it has an external speaker system) by groups such as Kiss, Metallica, Grand Funk Railroad, Led Zeppelin or The Who. Of course I can’t play my music too loud since I live in a building and the neighbors would complain. The last time that happened was several years ago when a neighbor came in late in the night complaining about the loud noise coming from my apartment. Was not music, but a loud movie also playing through that same old stereo.



I remember The Who was once named as the world's loudest rock group according to the Guiness Book of World Records.

2. In the past seven days, what was loud but not noisy?

Antonov AN 225

I'm sure if I were closer to the airport to take the photo, this plane, the Antolov AN 225 would have been quite loud taking off. Shot 10-15-09.

Last month I enjoyed the loudness of the USAF Thunderbirds.



3. In the past seven days, what was not especially loud but quite noisy?

Emergency Crossing

I live in a building near a fire station. There are always sirens going off every day and night near me. It's noisy but I've gotten used to it. Car alarms are also noisy too, especially when they go off late in the night and no one turns em off for an hour or more.

4. In the past seven days, what’s something that was not allowed?

My Aging iPods

Since July 1st, can't legally hold and use my iPods and digital cameras in my car while driving. This is a result of a cellular phone and text messaging law that was passed by the city council that also covered other electronic devices. I don't own a cell phone, so that part of the law does not impact me. But it is hard to not pick up that iPod while driving and skip over to the next song, or whip out the small digital camera to take a picture of the asshole driving in front of me.

5. What are those clouds gathering on your horizon for next week?

Maybe some rain clouds and stormy weather. We probably need some rain around here, but the forecasts for this winter don't look very good for that.

Here are more items that go along with "loud":



This is something I would love to see and hear:



Now this is loud:



Some people have a lot of time on their hands:



I recorded this video clip in January - downtown Honolulu



Someone's garage band takes on Metallica's "Master of Puppets":



OK, that's it. This topic was fun. I like LOUD!

Embedded videos from YouTube.com may be removed without notice by their respective publishers or the YouTube.com service itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment