Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday 5 for October 5: Similes


I make it a policy that I not mention names of family, friends or associates in these posts. Therefore in answer to this week's Friday 5 questions:

1. Who in your life is as blind as a bat?

I don't know anyone who is legally blind, nor anyone that close. I have friends and relatives who wear glasses, but most can see.

2. Who in your life is as happy as a clam?

People who are too happy and too optimistic are suspect in my book at times.

3. Who in your life is as mad as a wet hen?

I don't like being caught in the rain if I don't have any extra clothes to change into nearby.

4. Who in your life is as stubborn as a mule?

I know some luddites who don't want to adapt to computer technology. Some of these luddites use computers but don't want to learn or use new stuff. It's hard having to work with luddites when you want to make work or file exchanges easier.

5. Who in your life is as quiet as a mouse?

Can't think of anyone who is very quiet at this moment. Perhaps it is a good thing for them as they are not noticed because of their quietness.

Photograph: U.S. Department of Agriculture

No comments:

Post a Comment