Friday, February 11, 2011
Friday 5 for February 11: Late Nights
Here are my late night answers for this week's Friday 5:
1. What’s the best thing about being awake when the rest of the world seems to be sleeping?
Not very much traffic in the wee hours of the night. Love that. Roads are not crowded and it is easy to find parking at most places.
2. Where can you go when you get a case of the late-night munchies?
Here in Honolulu my favorite places to go are Zippys' Restaurants or Like Like Drive In for a meal.
For fast food, most of the McDonalds' and Jack in the Box places have a 24-7 drive thru.
For take home food, we have grocery stores, a big box and drug stores open 24-7...
WalMart, Foodland, Safeway, Don Quijote, Longs' Drug, Walgreens come to mind.
3. What open-all-night establishment has saved you from catastrophe, and what were the circumstances?
Probably WalMart when I needed something for late that night or early the next morning.
4. What’s the worst thing about being awake when the rest of the world seems to be sleeping?
Missing the sunshine and seeing your daytime friends.
5. When you are up all night at home for whatever reason, what’s most likely to be on the television to keep you company?
Security camera image from our main lounge or Fox News. Mostly late night I rather listen to the radio... Coast to Coast AM with George Noory or iTunes.
Zippys' is one of the good places to get late night munchies.