Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday 5 for June 25: Breakfast

Pancake
I like pancakes and waffles for breakfast.

1. Oh my goodness! You have to run out the door right now and you haven’t eaten! Before dashing out, what do you grab to wolf down on your way?

Often I simply don't eat but grab a snack later at the store.


2. What’s a popular breakfast you dislike?

Easy over eggs. I don't like any eggs that seem to be raw. Scrambled eggs are just fine.

I also dislike raisin bran cereals - all types.

3. You’re going out for breakfast anywhere you want, and someone else is treating! Where do you go and what do you order?

No place in particular except maybe at my Mom's house. Air fare anyone?


4. What do you have when you need a simple, healthy (or healthy-ish, for those of you who just don’t do healthy!) breakfast?

Diamond Saloon Pilot Crackers with peanut butter. The old Hilo Saloon Pilot Crackers were better.

Check out my recipe for "Cracker Toast"


5. You’ve been invited to a breakfast potluck. What are you most likely to bring?

I try to avoid 99% of most potlucks.

I'm surprised there is no favorite breakfast food question. My favorite breakfast foods are waffles with butter & syrup, hot whipped chocolate or pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs.

1 comment:

  1. That's because I've asked the favorite breakfast question in various forms a few times before. I try not to be too repetitive!

    In my first semester at UH-Hilo, I lived across the river on the other side of downtown. Walked the 2.5 miles to school and back every day, and used to love walking past the old Hilo Macaroni building. I think everyone in Hawaii would agree that their Saloon Pilots were better.

    ReplyDelete