Friday, December 30, 2011
Friday 5 for December 30: Closing Time
WalMart's always open. This is good when you have to buy stuff at 2 in the morning.
From Scrivener's Friday 5 website:
1. What business establishment’s recent closing was the most disappointing for you?
Rainbow Records near University Ave. They were around for a very long time. Used to sell a good selection of used books, records, CDs, and videos. Now gone. Jellys' remains the biggest retailer of used books, records, CDs and videos in Honolulu. Online is killing brick and mortar music, video and book stores.
2. At what place of business or service are you most likely to be the day’s last customer out the door?
Perhaps McDonalds' -- my friend and I spend some time there because of the free wi-fi access.
3. What place of business or service seems to be closed at times inconvenient to you?
Hawaii State Library system.
4. Where in the real world (not online) will you most likely spend your last 2011 money?
More than likely Don Quijote store at Kaheka in Honolulu. I have to buy groceries after I get back to Honolulu tomorrow.
5. What business or service has been the biggest blessing to you because it is always open?