Friday, July 6, 2012
Friday 5 for July 6 - Disposable
From Scrivener's Friday 5 site:
Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your webpage!
1. What’s something whose disposable version has replaced its non-disposable version in your regular use?
Plastic bags that I get from the store... I use them to throw my trash away. I don't like the ban on plastic bags. It is cheaper to use the plastic bags you get from the store vs. having to buy regular trash bags.... so yes, I am stocking up on my plastic bags. Damn those environmental wackos.
I also use paper plates, plastic forks, paper cups, paper towels, and of course the old standard toilet paper! Whoever heard of non-disposable toilet paper????
2. What disposable item do you almost never use because you greatly prefer the non-disposable version?
3. If they could somehow create a disposable version of something that (as far as you know) is currently not available in that format, what would you like to see?
4. What disposable item do you feel the most guilty about using?
Nothing. If it has been created to be disposable, then disposable it is....
You toss it and move on to the next thing. I have no problem with that.
5. What disposables do you tend to use more than the usual amount before discarding?
Occasionally when I buy bottled water I tend to keep the bottle around, refill it with regular water and use that again... and again. I rarely buy bottled water. Tap water is good enough where I live. Plus I hate the bottle tax!