Friday, November 11, 2016
Friday 5 for November 11: Sights Seen
1. What’s the tourist attraction nearest you that most people from other places are aware of?
Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. I live in Honolulu and these are less than 3 miles away!
2. What’s a tourist attraction you’ve visited that was better than you expected?
Most recently the Pacific Aviation Museum which I have visited at least 3 times, though I am always wowed by Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Haleakala National Park.
3. What’s a tourist attraction you’ve visited that was disappointing?
The White House in Washington DC. I waited in a very long line and we were just rushed through it in like about 15 minutes. Not worth the time standing in line. Better to just get a quick snapshot from outside and then, spend your time at the Smithsonian instead.
Cape Kennedy Space Center was kind of a disappointment too..... just mostly a widespread flat of unused rocket launching facilities and some junk lying around. At the time I saw it at the end of the Apollo era and the Space Shuttle was years away from flight. Perhaps it has changed a lot now.
4. What’s a tourist attraction you’re still hoping to visit?
There are many... here's a quick list:
* Smithsonian Air and Space Museum
* Other Aviation Museums
* Aircraft Graveyard at Mojave Desert, CA
* Rock n Roll Hall of Fame
* Museum of Broadcasting and TV
* Yellowstone National Park
* Haleakala National Park (again)
* Kalaupapa, Molokai - in fact the whole island
* National Parks in general are all interesting (so many).
* Cat Sanctuary on Lanai - Lanai island
* New Zealand
* Any place else where I can take plenty of pictures
Too bad I don't have enough money to travel these days.
5. Excluding restaurants, what tourist attraction you’ve visited had the best food and the best gift shop?
I generally avoid those because food and gifts at tourist attractions are usually outrageously expensive.
Questions pulled from Scrivener's Friday 5 blog.
Labels: attractions, Friday 5, meme, sites, tourism, trivia questions
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, If I lived in Hawaii I would NEVER leave it. lolReplyDelete
Yes, the Smithsonian is worth five days at least!
Happy TGIF day and also Happy Weekend to you Melvin.