Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday 5 for August 31: Just Wing It

 As usual the questions comes from Scrivener's Friday 5 blog.

Fly

1. What’s something for which you are waiting your tern?

A better job.

2. What have you lately gone cuckoo for?

Records... though I have always been cuckoo for recorded media. So for like the longest time I did not buy vinyl records. I have a substantial collection which I had to pare down a few years ago. I also pared down my massive CD collection. Funny thing is that I don't miss the CDs very much that I got rid of, but I miss many of the vinyl records I let go. Now I want to get some of them back.

3. What’s got you feeling down?

My close friend's sad financial situation and her depressive state. All she needs is a good paying job that utilizes her incredible writing talent. If you can help contact me. macpro3000@yahoo.com.

4. What’s something you acquired that was unexpectedly cheep?

While not unexpected, I do occasionally run into cheap, used records in very good condition. We're talking vinyl LPs... for 50 cents to a dollar each. I also love it when I find 45s in good condition at under a dollar each.

5. What’s that fowl smell?

$10+ billion Honolulu rail project. Biggest stinking waste of taxpayer money this century.


And with that song, I'm flying the coop!


1 comment:

  1. That You Can Tuna Piano... album is REO at its best. While Hi Infidelity might be the closest they come to a perfect album (side 1 is one of the best album sides of my youth), it was sorta the beginning of the creative end for them. If I ever truly pare down the collection, You Can Tune a Piano... will be one of the ones I hang onto. And "Roll with the Changes" is my number 1 all-time driveway song. I cannot get out of the car if this is on the radio. I miss this REO! :)

    ReplyDelete