"Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!"
1. What’s your favorite weapon in a movie?
I have a top 5:
- Death Star - Star Wars - annihilate entire planets. Yay!
- Borg Cube - Star Trek TNG movies - similar as above
- Photon Torpedoes - For smaller scale combat, Star Trek movies
- Phasers - multiple settings - stun, kill, whatever - Star Trek movies
- Guns of all types - generally deadly, in many movies
Under consideration - Bombs, nuclear warheads, etc. - fairly obsolete when you can blow an entire planet up with a Death Star. But the force and good luck can destroy a Death Star... so it is what it is.
2. What’s your favorite car in a movie?
Again another top 5.
- Batmobile - varies as to which movie it's in. Some were cool, others were not.
- 1982 DeLorean - The only car used in time travel "Back to the Future" movies
- Aston Martin - old car in old James Bond movies from 1962 to 1964.
- Herbie - VW Beetle in the "Love Bug" comedy movies
- 1970 Dodge Challenger - in movie "Vanishing Point"... Boom!
3. What’s your favorite cat or dog in a movie?
I don't know... maybe Soylents red, blue, yellow, brown... but not green. In 2022 the earth was overpopulated, food was in short supply. The Soylent company sold all of these snack crackers of different colors. Quite likely pets were repackaged as crackers.... and of course you know what "Soylent Green" was!!!! Muhahahaha!
I like cats but they don't make many cat movies that I can remember. Dogs... ugh!
4. Who’s your favorite sidekick in a movie?
R2D2, the little droid that could... and even fly!!! Most of the Star Wars movies.
5. What’s your favorite painting or sculpture in a movie?
I can't think of any except for the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man in "Ghostbusters."
I knew as soon as I started reading others' answers I'd remember very good ones. I completely forgot about Herbie!ReplyDelete
R2D2 is a good one. Do remember when we had the HT discussion about the movie weapons? https://www.hawaiithreads.com/archive/index.php/t-14444.htmlReplyDelete
Thanks for your comments folks.ReplyDelete