Sunday, June 5, 2022

Friday 5 for June 3: As happy as our cruel world allows

June 5, 2022: Questions from the Friday 5 blog.


1. Who has a great voice for acting in movies?

There are way too many actors to just narrow it down to one or even a few. Off the top of my head, I've enjoyed Tom Hanks, Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston and John Wayne through the years. Doesn't help much that two of them are dead. From women I can't remember too many from their voices... perhaps Kathleen Turner (whatever happened to her?).... I don't know who the young and trendy actors are today since I hardly ever watch new movies unless they stream somewhere. Plus my attention span for movies are not like they used to be in the past. I tend to like shorter films these days.

2. When have you recently resisted temptation?

High prices are easy to resist like last minute plane fares and big ticket items.

Just say "NO" to expensive stuff and walk away from it. It's easy!

3. When did you last cry in front of someone?

When my mother died.

4. When did you receive encouragement from an unexpected person?

I can't remember if that recently happened or if it ever did.

5. How old are some personal letters you’ve kept, and how easily do you throw personal letters away?

I have a few letters and cards from my Mom, and a few from old, long lost friends from back in the 1970s. Today hardly anyone gets personal letters. The kinds of letters I get in the mail, I usually hate, which are from businesses and government entities. Today we are more than likely to get "letters" (not saying much here) in the form of emails or even shorter by direct messaging texts, posts or tweets. Letter writing has fallen by the wayside in the digital age.

Plus to cost to send out anything in the mail is expensive when compared to email or texts. See #2 "expensive".

That said, here is a video....






No comments:

Post a Comment