Saturday, July 29, 2023

Friday 5 for July 28: (abbr.)

 

Questions from Scrivener's Friday 5 page.

1. What shortcuts do you frequently take? 

When I'm walking to certain locations, I tend to think what is the shortest way to get there and then follow through.

2. How do you make up for one of your shortcomings?

Most of the time, I try to avoid those once they happen.

3. What does your favorite pair of shorts look like?

Old with a bunch of pockets... Well worn.

4. What was meant to be short-term but lasted much longer than planned?

Recurring seasonal employment for the last five years.

5. Which short films do you especially like?

My favorite from when I was a kid until today is The Red Balloon, a French film that came out in 1956. I first saw it in school a long time ago for one of our classes.

The DUST Channel on YouTube have a ton of great short, science fiction films. I can't remember the titles of specific films, but for the most part they have all been good.

NPR has the Tiny Desk short in-studio concert series and KCRW have some good concerts. Don't know if they qualify as short films, but I enjoy them.


Lastly Michael Jackson's long form video for "Thriller" is also a good short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment