Saturday, September 8, 2018
Friday 5 for September 7: The Whole Trial Is Out of Order!
The following questions are from Scrivener's weekly Friday 5 blog.
1. What’s something in which you took first place?
I was the first in line almost every day in third grade along with classmate Terry Brink in a boy - girl, alphabetical order by last name, daily line-up scheme we had going then. It was always nice to be first out of class and the first to lunch! Then one day the teacher decided to line us up from Z to A.... ugh!
Other than that I used to win music trivia contests on our old top 40 radio station in Hilo, HI. KPUA 970 AM. That was back in the early 1970s.
2. What’s something at which you’d like a second chance?
I already got a second chance on life... hmmmm... perhaps a second chance to visit an aircraft carrier out to sea again or fly in a Boeing 747 jetliner.
3. When did you last feel like a third wheel?
Sometimes at work.
4. What’s to look forward to in the fourth quarter of 2018?
5. Who had an especially good fifth film, fifth book, or fifth album?
MY TOP 5 5TH ALBUMS BY ARTIST
1. Band on the Run - Paul McCartney (and Wings)
2. Ring - The Connells
3. The Joshua Tree - U2
4. Our Time in Eden - 10,000 Maniacs
5. Help! - The Beatles
My favorite 5th movie in a series (though not in reality)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - 5th in the story arc but second in series production.
Can't think of a book that I read where there was a fifth story in the series. I generally avoid long serialized novels which seem to be more prevalent today than before. I like books with a beginning, middle and end, and after it ends... that's it. The End! No more sequels.
The album Ring by The Connells is probably one of my all time favorites from the 1990s. It contains the hit "74 - 75" which was big in Europe but barely registered in the U.S. The group is from North Carolina.
From last week's comment:
I was always aware of "Time for Me To Fly", but in the greater scheme of things I never truly got into REO Speedwagon except for the Hi Infidelity album. And yes, side 1 is stellar while side 2 is like... ok... there has to be something on the other side of the LP. Heh.