Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday 5 for July 3: Fireworks

4th of July 2006 in Hawaii

The Friday 5 master says:

Happy Independence Day, those of you in the United States, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5. Please copy these five questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below so we’ll all be able to check out your responses! Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

1. How do you feel about fireworks displays?

Professional fireworks displays are good. They are somewhat of a challenge to photograph. I enjoy them especially on the 4th of July. There are several good ones on the island of Oahu. The Honolulu Ala Moana Center show is usually the biggest and the best. Happy Independence Day!

2. What were the details surrounding one of your mishaps with fire?

Recently my old toaster accidentally caught fire with my breakfast waffles in it. I had to unplug the thing with the fire still burning and threw it in the kitchen sink under running water to put the fire out. That was the end of my 25 year old J.C. Penney toaster. The old toaster was dumped, and a new one was a bought.

3. Who in your life could be described as a real firecracker?

Not anyone in particular.

4. When did you last feel you were being put on display?

Whenever someone takes a photo or vid of me and it ends up on public display on the internet or in the media. I'm ugly. I'm not photogenic. Don't take my picture.

5. How confident are you in your barbecue skills?

I haven't barbecued anything in ages. I would say my skills are very minimal at best. I can strike a match!

2 comments:

  1. You know, toasters scare the crap outta me! I've had more mishaps with them than I like to recall!!!! Have a safe and happy 4th!!!
    Southpaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to have my picture taken too. I also can light a match but not to grill! LOL!

    ReplyDelete