Friday, November 22, 2019

Friday 5 for November 22: Places to Go


Five questions from Scrivener's Friday 5 site.



1. What’s the closest you’ve come to having a hangout where everybody knows your name?

Since I am just a homebody, I have to say my own home... and when someone comes to visit, well everybody knows my name! I hang out at home the most.

2. Where do you go when you want to be around people but don’t want to talk to anyone or be recognized?

I generally try to avoid crowds, but usually when I am at Ala Moana Shopping Center or the big box retail place, I generally don't run into anyone I know... and if I see someone I know and I want to avoid them, there are usually places to duck into like an aisle or a shop.

Secondarily, a busy airport is another place where no one will probably know you... though you can't just go there and blend in like you used to long, long time ago (before 911 security measures).

3. Where can you go if you need a little bit of sleep but home is unavailable?

Um... the beach or a park.... maybe the public library... er... church.... a committee hearing at the state legislature.... school! Anyplace that may be boring.

Of course if  you want to pay, there are always hotels.

4. Where do you dine out when you’ve got very little to spend?

$1.50 menu at McDonalds or $2.49 for 10 chicken nuggets and Burger King.

5. What TV show’s characters’ hangout spot do you most wish were right around the corner?

The easy one to mention is CHEERS... where everyone knows your name as the theme song proclaims.
However for me this would be my top 5:

  1. Holodeck - Star Trek TNG Enterprise, Deep Space 9 - create your own virtual scenario and have fun. 
  2. Ten Forward - Star Trek TNG Enterprise - talk to Guinan for words of wisdom. Heh.
  3. The Zocalo - Babylon 5 - shopping area, food court, bar where you can meet all the weirdoes from different worlds.
  4. Cantina at Mos Eisley Station -  Star Wars - bar.
  5. Restaurant - Seinfeld... um... a place so generic where you can plan or complain or whatever. You can also eat there, though no one said how great or bad the food was...not that I can recall. Actually this is a real restaurant that the show used the exterior of.

No comments:

Post a Comment