Friday, September 10, 2021

Friday 5 for September 10: Wolf!





Scrivener's weekly Friday 5 questions. Let's see how this goes. 
 
1. When are you the tortoise, and when are you the hare? 

I usually plod along with what I am doing, sometimes coming out ahead and sometimes behind. I am not very fast as I age. I wasn't fast when I was young either.

 2. When are you the grasshopper, and when are you the ants? 

I stock up on key items such as toilet paper, canned foods; stuff for emergencies. With a small place it is hard to keep much stuff stored.

3. When were you the lion, and when were you the mouse? 

I can roar like a lion when I am angry and sometimes I do get stuck. I have been known to be helpful to people I like.
 
4. Are you more like the town mouse or the country mouse? 

Even though I grew up in the country during the early years of my life, I can be considered more of a townie today. I love the convenience of being able to get food and other stuff when I like, even though danger is greater today as you have to avoid groups and standing near people due to COVID-19. Ugh!

I do like simple meals as they tend to be cheaper. I am not much of a gourmet food buyer since those types of foods are expensive, even if you have to make them. 

5. Which fable told in your childhood has resonated with you through the years?

I don't know if it is a fable, but I always liked Hans Christian Andersen's The Ugly Duckling. ,

1 comment:

  1. I didn't grow up quite as country as you, but I grew up in Waipahu and have lived in town for 20 years. I'm sort of torn -- I'd love to live away from everything, but I would miss being close to everything. I guess I'll stay put for now.

    ReplyDelete