Sunday, February 6, 2022

Friday 5 for February 4: The full spectrum of human experience

 


I like cats. This is the first part of a series of three Friday 5 questions. Let's see if the upcoming ones are ok.

1. What is the best sandwich?

More time than never, if I opt for a sandwich it usually is TURKEY.

In my former life it was hamburgers.

Not mentioning any brands to any of the above. It just gets too complicated.

2. What’s the one thing you own that you really should throw out?

I have several old computers. They seem to slowly add up because people give them to me. I did get rid of about a dozen old Macs around 2016... and I still have 4 others, including two that are in regular service. I can't fathom the thought of throwing out an Apple computer...

Which also brings me to mostly dead iPods. I have about 5 of them where the internal, built in batteries are next to impossible to replace... gawd.. I hate built in batteries. Why not make devices with batteries consumers can easily remove? I hate it. I used to love my iPod Touch 4.... but its battery gave up the ghost about 2 years ago and now it just sits in a box. Ditto for my 2 iPod Shuffles, an iPod Photo, iPod Nano and iPod Mini. Except for the iPod Touch, at least those older iPods can still be used while plugged into an AC power source... but it defeats the purpose of having a portable device that you can take with you.

And that's why when I finally adopted cell phones in 2014, I opted for Android since there were several that have easy to replace batteries that prolong the device's life beyond the built in obsolescence shelf life common to those with built in batteries. I have one of those phones that is no longer in active service, yet with its replaced battery soldiers on as a wifi device, MP3 music player and FM radio. iPhones don't have FM radios. Lisa and I refer to out of service phones as "Phapps".

3. What’s the scariest animal?

I've had bad experiences with DOGS. I don't like them. 

4. Apples or oranges?

Computers - Apples so far, but Chromebooks are not far behind.

Food - Definitely ORANGES though within the citrus family I like Grapefruit and Tangerines better.

5. What’s your favorite smell?

Lavender, jasmine, citrus, kimono rose and several others that I can't remember are nice aromas that my friend Lisa puts into her lighted diffusor.

No comments:

Post a Comment