Questions from Scrivener's Friday 5 page.
1. How do you cool down on warm summer evenings?
Stay home, eat, sleep, watch streaming videos or listen to good music. AC or good ventilation helps.
2. What are some good songs for keeping the summer vibe flowing?Just threw this list together:
- Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles
- Theme From "Endless Summer" - Sandals
- Surfin' U.S.A. - The Beach Boys
- California Girls - The Beach Boys
- In the Summertime - Mungo Jerry
- Pipeline Sequence - Honk
- Feeling Just The Way I Do (Over You) - Cecilio & Kapono
- Island Woman - Pablo Cruise
- Summer - War
- Black Sand - Kalapana
- Under the Boardwalk - Tom Tom Club
- Kokomo - The Beach Boys
- Wind Surfer - Roy Orbison
- Insy'a - Henry Kapono
- Deeper in Love - Hawaiian Style Band
- Pi'i Mai Ka Nalu - Sistah Robi Kahakalau
- Summer Kisses, Winter Tears - Julee Cruise
- I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff
- Life's a Beach - Heymous Molly
- Don't Worry Baby (symphonic version) - The Beach Boys
- Misirlou - Dick Dale & The Deltones
- Movie: Jaws - If you haven't seen this classic Steven Spielberg movie see it! You'll think twice before going into the water at the beach. A swimming pool will be safer!
- Book: I can't think of any books that are specifically summer related. Except if you like plenty of sand, gigantic worms, a very dystopian society full of conflict in a world where the spice and water are super precious commodities, then I can recommend Frank Herbert's Dune, which is the first of several sprawling books in the series.
4. How is this summer better than last summer?
I don't know about that. Stuff costs more this summer than they did last summer. Have you seen the price of gas? That surely limits summer travel. Air fares are up too. But then I haven't flown since the start of COVID.
5. What special something are you doing this summer?
I'm thinking whether or not I should drive to the other side of the island to go see the U.S. Navy Blue Angels flight show in August. I've seen them two times before and the USAF's Thunderbirds three times before. It may be more of the same, but it is always exciting. I just don't relish the though on driving in traffic to and from the event.