Aha... another Friday 5,,, this one on sugar sweet... which can be detrimental to our health. But let's go... Questions courtesy of Scrivener....
1. How much of a sweet tooth do you have?
A big one. I like chocolate and most sweet tasting dessert type foods. The good thing is that all the good ones are expensive, which means I rarely indulge and that is good for my health. No one wants to get diabetes.
2. What sweet dishes do you prefer at breakfast?
- Waffles with maple syrup, butter whipped cream and a cherry on top.
- French toast with maple syrup, butter and whipped cream. Ditto for pancakes.
3. What have you recently gotten a sweet deal on?Amazon Echo balls... In the year that I have owned them, they've been a mixed bag of information, entertainment, music and stupidity. Honestly, Alexa is not as smart as Amazon makes it out to be unless you want to dish out more cash to make purchases.
Amazon wrongly thought that people would use Echo devices to make more purchases at Amazon and through other services that they could get a revenue stream from. In the end they were wrong, and the Alexa service will probably lose up to $10 billion this year. Most people use their devices just to get the news, weather, ask trivial questions, play a few free games or listen to music.
And then there are still those privacy issues that you have to take care of once you get a device.
4. What are some good songs with the word “sweet” in the title or lyrics?
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Sweet Talkin' Woman - Electric Light Orchestra
- Sweet Nothins' - Brenda Lee
- Ain't She Sweet - The Beatles
- My Sweet Lord - George Harrison (the lawyers for The Chiffons loved this song)
- Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
- Sweet City Woman - The Stampeders
- Sweet and Innocent - Donny Osmond
- Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N Roses
- How Sweet It Is - Marvin Gaye or James Taylor
5. What evidence might someone present to prove you are a sweet person?
Since I became a whole lot older, I am generally more grumpy and pessimistic. Sweetness is not me unless it is chocolate, free money or a good pop-rock song.