Friday 5 for January 8, 2021: Watching my figure
Questions from the Friday 5 blog.
1. What are some figurines you own?
I don't have much and they barely qualify as figurines. What you see in the photo above is what I have. Michelin Tire Man, Chinese Lucky Cat (the only one that I think is a figurine), Rubber Duckie with Lei and a small glass floater ball that I found at a North Shore beach more than 35 years ago.
2. What are you trying to figure out?
Life's complexities. Why can't life be simpler?
3. Two circles or one continuous motion: how do you write the figure 8?
For me on continuous stroke.... the same way I do a treble clef. Which brings me to this:
4. How do you feel about Fig Newtons?
I don't like them. Next...
5. What’s a good metaphor to describe your first week of 2021?
Trying to figure life out, related to #2. Plus I have work.... again. Can't think of anything metaphoric to it... it's just all routine. So far 2021 feels the same as 2020, though work is a good thing.