Friday, September 29, 2023

Friday 5 for September 29: Gang aft agley

Does this one sound like it is following another nautical term? From Scrivener's Friday 5 site, come these stirring questions.

1. When did you last plan a special gathering or event?

I think that was around 2019.... though I was not the main planner which is a good thing... It was for a family reunion back home on Hawaii Island... I just had to plan on being there as the main photographer... that was it. Oh and help set up the Facebook page for that.

Prior to that... um... my Mom's funeral in 2015 and some years before that, my Dad's funeral in 2010.

Oh what fun! 😟

2. How do you rate yourself as an organizer of activities?

I'd rather avoid it. Just invite me to eat or take pictures at your event. That is good enough.

3. When did you plan something and then say, “Never again!”

Um... certificate presentations for my former employer between 1999 and 2014. Those horrible things were like trying to herd cats to a specific day and time for a rather public event. I did not relish doing them, but for the most part I pulled them off. At the end of whatever presentation we were doing, I always said to myself "never again". But then another one would come up, much to my annoyance. The above photo was taken in 2002 during one such event.

Today I would not want to do them. Too much headache. Just let me take photos if you need me for something like that.

4. When were you especially impressed by someone else’s planning for a special event?

The special events that I have been to have more of less turned out well. When you are not involved with it, you don't see or experience the behind the scenes stuff, so if something went wrong or a detail was missed, I would not know or care. I haven't been to anything that was so awful to make a bad impression on me. But then I don't go to many organized activites in my life.

5. When have you recently experienced a sudden change of plans?

I try to avoid change of plans, especially if I have to travel off island. That can be EXPENSIVE. The travel industry tries to nail you for every change you make and whatever changes you do make, causes the experience to SOUR and put a bigger hole in your POCKETBOOK.

I guess that is a reason why I do not like traveling so much. It is stressful just taking a plane from one island to another because we can't even drive to another county in this state surrounded by water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment